Christ.  Scholarship.  Service.

Withdrawal from the University

If students find it necessary to withdraw from the University, they first report to the executive director of student success, who will assist students in the transition. Each student withdrawing from, or not returning to, Huntington University is required to complete the EXIT process. (Graduating seniors are exempt.)

Until the tenth week of the semester, students who officially withdraw are given grades of W. After the tenth week, or if students do not officially withdraw, students are given grades of F.

Students who officially withdraw are entitled to a partial refund of tuition (but not fees) and room charges through the fifth week of the semester except that no refund is allowed to students who have been dismissed by the University. Partial board refund is prorated to the weeks remaining in the semester. Financial assistance, such as grants and scholarships, are recomputed to reflect appropriate credits and may be cancelled for the semester in which the students withdraw. Students receiving Federal Title IV Student Financial Assistance may be entitled to a refund in accordance with the Federal Refund Policy or the Federal Statutory Pro Rata Refund Policy. All refund distributions will be made according to Federal laws and regulations. Students with questions regarding these policies should contact the Office of Financial Aid. Students who are called to active military duty and withdraw from classes at any point in the term will receive a refund of 100% of tuition and fees.

If students do not complete the arrangements for withdrawal, their record will show Unofficial Withdrawal and students are not entitled to honorable dismissal. In addition, all courses will show an automatic grade of F.