Engage visual culture through graphic design
As a graphic design major, you will gain hands-on experience right away. Our state-of-the-art digital lab will equip you with the technology you need to develop your skills and put them to use in practical, problem-solving ways. Your professors will guide you through client-based creative idea development for the design marketplace, where you will leave your mark on logo design, poster and brochure creation, advertising and brand identity, photography and web design, illustration, and so much more.
Huntington University Art & Design prepared me for the design field by teaching me how to incorporate the principles and elements of art. Without learning these fundamentals, I wouldn’t be enjoying the job I have today.
We are proud of our graduates.
Our graphic design graduates find jobs in their major with a variety of job titles and in various industries across the country.
- Web Project Manager, Asher Agency, Fort Wayne, IN
- Product Design Analyst, Cable Bullet, Warsaw IN
- Web & Design Manager, The Ohio State University College of Nursing, Columbus OH
- Brand Specialist, Premier Truck Rental, Fort Wayne IN
- Tech Designer, Disney World, Orlando FL
- Creative Director, Greater Fort Wayne Inc., Fort Wayne IN
- Owner/Photographer, Ashley Ray Photography, Ada OH
- Marketing Manager, Tallman Equipment Company, Columbus IN
- Art Director, Interrupt Branding & Marketing Agency, Sylvania OH
- Creative Director, REXIG Group, Oakville ON
- Associate Director of Design, Purdue University Fort Wayne, Fort Wayne IN
- Graphic Design & Production, Jiffy Print, Marion IN
- Social Media & Public Relations Specialist, Tarkett Contract, Solon OH
Graphic Design Curriculum
Participate in everyday visual culture while honing skills that will benefit future clients and communicate your ideas in a visual medium. Your graphic design courses combine a fine arts foundation with a special emphasis on practical experience, designing for on-campus events, client-based needs, and more. Create beautiful designs in a digital lab with modern technology and complete advanced studios and an internship in graphic design in preparation for a senior exhibit and portfolio.
- 2D Design
- 3D Design
- Art History
- Computer Illustration
- Digital Photography
- Intro to Adobe Suite Programs
- Visual Communication and Graphics
- Web Design