School of the Arts Summer Academy
Choose Your Track
Registration is now open for 2024 School of the Arts Summer Academies! Programs are open to high schoolers who want a glimpse of what it would be like to pursue a career in Animation, Film & Television Production, or Voice-Over and Radio.
Capture your opportunity to:
- Engage with a community of artists and storytellers
- Receive instruction on programs and techniques in media-related fields
- Participate in hands-on projects
- Gather personalized advice on preparing for college
- Develop creative work to be used in scholarship portfolios
When: Summer 2024
Where: Huntington University in Huntington, Indiana
Cost: $500 Early Bird (deadline Jan 1); $550 January 2 - March 1; $600 March 2 - May 31
What to Expect:The camp includes staying in the on-campus residence halls for the week. Each attendee will receive their meals each day along with an academy t-shirt.
Students who attend a summer academy will receive priority consideration for a performance award scholarship of up to $2,000 a year to attend Huntington University. The scholarship will be reviewed upon acceptance to the university and completion of the performance award application.
2022 School of the Arts Summer Academy Highlights
The Academy is open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors. Students come out of the Academy with a taste of what it would be like to pursue a degree in film production, tv production, animation, or performance arts.
Film and Television Production Academy Instruction:
- Script, film, and edit a short narrative film
- Attend workshops on a Netflix-approved RED camera system and Panasonic EVA-1
- Participate in digital lighting workshops
- Edit using the Adobe Creative Suite in a 5K resolution Mac lab
- Produce a non-fiction news/documentary piece
- Compile your work into a final show in HU’s live television studio
Limited to 18 campers