Idea to Action Series
Thinking Deeply, Ministering Intentionally
Introducing the Idea to Action Series, a chance for United Brethren pastors, ministry staff, and laypersons to gather together to learn about and discuss practical ministry.
Each symposium in the Idea to Action Series is free for those wishing to attend. To participate in the Idea to Action series pre-registration is required.
What: Each symposium will include an academic lecture, an exemplary practitioner, and Q&A with a practitioner model.
When: Twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Where: Join each symposium on campus or via Zoom using a link you'll receive after you register.
Why: The Idea to Action Series exists to:
- Provide theologically informed ministry perspectives
- Provide a consistent source of quality continuing education credits
- Provide opportunities for Huntington University ministry students and alumni to interact with local and regional ministry practitioners
The 2022–2023 Series
Join us for another year in our series of in-depth training events in which we explore relevant ministry topics in light of theological reflection, exemplary practice, and proven resources. This year, Huntington University will host both a live event and an online option.
Monday, March 27, 2023 | The Persevering Minister: Mental Health as a Pathway to Community
Professors from the Huntington University Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program
- Elijah Lee, Ph.D., LCPC, NCC, Program Director & Assistant Professor
- Michelle Caulk, Ph.D., MLIS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, Director of Clinical Experiences & Assistant Professor
- Chase McKinney, LPC, NCC, Assistant Professor