HU Ambassadors Named for 2023-2024
Six students have been named HU Ambassadors for Huntington University for the 2023-2024 academic year. Each year, faculty nominate their students for the opportunity to interview for the role of HU Ambassador. The purpose of the HU Ambassador program is to provide students with the opportunity to represent their University and to network with HU alumni and friends in meaningful ways.
The HU Ambassadors for the 2023-2024 academic year include the following:
- Nick Benitez, a marketing and psychology major from Greenwood, Indiana
- Jace Gilman, a political science and history major from Summitville, Indiana
- Victoria Hilderbrand, a political science and entrepreneurial small business management major from Austin, Indiana
- Cam Jagger, a business management major from Columbia City, Indiana
- Myla Tackett, an elementary and special education major from Huntington, Indiana
- Chelsea Born, an English education major from Fort Wayne, Indiana
“I’m consistently impressed by the caliber of our HU Ambassadors,” said Stephen Weingart, vice president for university advancement. “Not only do they exhibit all the traits of a Forester — chasing truth, defying complacency, remaining curious, caring completely, embracing interconnectedness, having grit, and exploring creativity — but they also are genuinely a joy to be around.”
Weingart encouraged those who attend Foundation Breakfasts, the Annual Foundation Dinner, and other such events to look for the students in attendance — typically HU Ambassadors — and engage them in conversation.
“You won’t be disappointed,” he stated.